Consistent Reviews For My Trauma Novel!
I am pleased to announce that I have very positive and consistent reviews for my trauma novel, which is now being sold on Amazon.
My novel’s title is “Boy in the Barn: Journey of Triumph Over Horrific Child Abuse, Sexual Abuse, and PTSD.”
Hi, this is Kurt B. Ellis, an author who self-publishes with Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing. I have written this trauma book to share my story.
The Kindle and paperback have been live now for ten days.
The novel was based on my life. It begins with my horrible childhood and continues through my remarkable journey of survival and recovery.
Stay tuned, and let me share more information about my novel’s reviews.
What Do First Readers Think?
The first few reviews and ratings on Amazon and Goodreads are pretty positive. These are from previously recruited ARC reviewers and from first purchases. The average rating out of 5 thus far on Amazon is 4.6, and on Goodreads is 4.5.
Some of the common threads in reviews are as follows:
- Be mindful of the many trigger warnings; you must take them seriously and ensure that you are mentally ready to read this story.
- The author states, “we grew up in a repressive southern society of deep, dark secrets in the 1960s. Yet on the surface, it appeared that we grew up in a sleepy, conservative, unassuming, and uninspiring farming community.
- But under that cloak of disguise, we came from a society that clung to a past governed by strict adherence to culture, religious intolerance, and extreme racism.” This statement sets the tone for this story.
- This book is not for everyone; I say that, not meaning it was an awful book. Please take the author’s instruction to heart. This book proves we don’t know what someone is going through.
- The book was tough to read; however, an uncomfortable story that needed to be told and read. This story will linger with me for quite some time.
- Comprehending and processing this story was the most difficult. So many readers had to stop, collect their wits, and resume reading later when they felt they were in a stronger mental space.
- The story was quite heartbreaking. The author suggested keeping tissues nearby. This suggestion was warranted because multiple readers indicated they cried a lot.
- This book is not for the faint of heart! Indeed, the author does not hold back, and the details are not sugar-coated to make them more palatable to the reader.
- It’s amazing what the author went through and all he was able to accomplish in his life. But nevertheless, it was a shame that he did not get justice for what he endured.
To see all reviews, please go to Amazon or Goodreads. You can find a full review by Robin Ginther-Venneri on her website, “Robin’s Review,” and her site on Tiktok. In addition, you can see my novel listed in online blogs at “The Novel Bookstore” and “Readers Village.”
In summary, my inspiring LGBTQIA+ coming-of-age story is about hope, courage, and the resilience of the human spirit.
I sincerely hope my novel will inspire and support other sexually abused people or those suppressed by life events beyond their control.
If I reach at least one sexually abused person, I will have met my goal.
Please Subscribe to My Email List
If you are interested in my novel, I need you to subscribe to my email list.
I will use emails to send you weekly newsletters and updates about this and all my latest releases.
To subscribe, you’ll need to visit my website, enroll, and opt-in with your email. Thank you for subscribing, and I will reward you with a free gift.
Please join my safe and secure mailing list to stay up with everything new.
Thank You for Your Time
Also, click on the links below and see my published books.
Like my video? Hit the subscribe button and give me a thumbs up.
And don’t forget that your feedback is always greatly valued and much appreciated. I’d love to hear from you. So please leave your comments below, and I will respond to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day.
Related Blogs and Resources
For the Audio Version